I thought the euphoria from visiting Sakuracon was partially the happiness hormones from going to America for the first time, but going to Otakon this time I have confirmed it. American Otaku are really wonderful.
Because they are not fighting amongst each other. They are seriously loving each other as same-minded brothers. They are gentlemen, that to protect their community, and to participate at the event with each other feeling well, abide by manner rules throughoutly.
I’m feeling from all of that. The edorphine is overflowing, and I’m happy at full throtle. Even though they are holding up moderation to prevent people from making others feel bad, no BECAUSE they are doing that, you can really fully enjoy the event. In Japan, it’s not so much about making the place feel good, but about getting your fingers on that book. That sort of people exist in masses over here.
I’m thinking, maybe they are correctly enjoying anime more so than we Japanese who create them. Fighting with fans of other anime. What are you doing? Do you want to watch anime, or do you want to fight? What is it? That is what I want to ask.
In the end, in Japan there are probably still tons of otaku that think of themselves as pitiful beings. So, when they so other otaku enjoying themselves, they are aggressively going “Even though they are of the same kind of me, why are they not pitifully let their head hang down?” It’s really tragic.
Of course the American otaku know they are a minority, but they would never think of themselves as pitiful because of that. Since everyone is firmly self-confident about what they love, they don’t even think about someone else denying them that. They don’t get instinctly snappy in defense either.
I wanted to tell some fun memories, but it somehow became a complaint ….well, if you ever think about you living as otaku along with other otaku being a sad thing, then I think it is the right thing to watch an American anime convention once. You are getting encouraged on that we are truly spreading a wonderful culture.
Originally Posted by: twitter.com
- surrealscorpion likes this
- panteritasenioradetahno likes this
- burn-the-sky likes this
- rejechted reblogged this from kiramekirari
- hundr likes this
- anathemas-sanctus reblogged this from chiakinanananami
- riderenmascarado1971 likes this
- ixa-cise likes this
- kawowru likes this
- redcaracal reblogged this from aoinezumi
- fictionaleyes likes this
- clubmatou likes this
- nightwingdragoness reblogged this from bouncyenvos
- chibiflamesi reblogged this from professorbel
- chibiflamesi likes this
- acrossmyengines reblogged this from somaperies and added:
- jemeraldeyes likes this
- bouncyenvos reblogged this from heyboyletsdestiny
- heyboyletsdestiny reblogged this from professorbel
- ladytabularasa reblogged this from whomthegodswoulddestroy
- pumperdour likes this
- zipchan likes this
- starksilliness likes this
- pachiie likes this
- girl-in-a-well likes this
- elementnumber46 likes this
- yukiosbutt reblogged this from kiramekirari
- n-hehehe likes this
- flag-fighter reblogged this from kiramekirari and added:
- deadendking likes this
- whomthegodswoulddestroy reblogged this from kiramekirari
- swimmingaru reblogged this from syuzeir
- gizamimi likes this
- anathemas-sanctus likes this
- artikgato likes this
- oliviazira likes this
- rejechted likes this
- somaperies reblogged this from cosmicotton
- skyholic likes this
- inabas reblogged this from shiny-things-i-found and added:
- shiny-things-i-found reblogged this from professorbel
- ouju likes this
- supahbeefcakes likes this
- fanalis likes this
- frolic-chronis reblogged this from oohmrleo
- himekomagika likes this
- oohmrleo reblogged this from professorbel and added:
- notkoichance reblogged this from kiramekirari
- littleleftofsanity likes this
- syuzeir reblogged this from chiakinanananami